2. Collection of personal information
Gulson Canberra will not collect personal information about you unless that information is necessary for one or more of our functions or activities. Gulson Canberra will collect personal information only by fair and lawful means and not in an unreasonably intrusive manner.
When Gulson Canberra collects personal information directly from you, we will take reasonable steps at or before the time of collection to ensure that you are aware of certain key matters, such as:
- the purposes for which we are collecting the information;
- the organisations (or types of organisations) to which we would normally disclose information of that kind;
- the fact that you are usually able to access the information; and
- the identity of our organisation and how to contact us.
- Gulson Canberra will collect information directly from you where it is reasonable and practicable to do so. Where Gulson Canberra collects personal information about you from third parties, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the details set out above.
3. Use and disclosure of personal information
If Gulson Canberra uses or discloses your personal information for a purpose (secondary purpose) other the main reason for which it was originally collected (primary purpose) to the extent required by the Privacy Act we will ensure that:
- the secondary purpose is related to the primary purpose of collection, and you would reasonably
- expect that Gulson Canberra would use or disclose your personal information in that way; or
- you have consented to the use or disclosure of your personal information for the secondary purpose; or
- the use or disclosure is required or authorised by or under law.
Gulson Canberra collects, uses and discloses your personal information in relation to the sale or marketing of automotive products to you and the servicing or repair of those products. Specific activities Gulson Canberra undertakes include administering warranty claims, conducting market research, sending you information about Porsche model launches or Porsche Lifestyle events, and other related activities.
Gulson Canberra may disclose your personal information to third parties (e.g. Porsche Cars Australia and external contractors such as mailing houses and advertising agencies, or related companies of Gulson Canberra in Australia) for the purpose of fulfilling one or more of the above purposes.
[Gulson Canberra requires external contractors to comply with Gulson Canberra’s requirements in relation to confidentiality and privacy.]
4. Data quality and security
To the extent required by the Privacy Act, Gulson Canberra will take reasonable steps to:
- make sure that the personal information that we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up to date;
- protect the personal information that we hold from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure; and
- destroy or permanently de-identify personal information that is no longer needed for any purpose that is permitted by the Privacy Act.
Gulson Canberra assumes no responsibility for the privacy practices of other organisations or websites even if a user is able to access those websites through the Gulson Canberra website. Gulson Canberra encourages users to review the privacy policies of any website before disclosing personal information.
Cookies, which are files placed on a user's hard drive to track website navigation, may be used on Gulson Canberra website. [Gulson Canberra will not use this cookie to link browser type or website visiting patterns or any other information with your identity.]
If you are concerned about Cookies, most browsers have an option which permits users to refuse a Cookie.
6. Openness and accountability
7. Access and correction of your personal information
Please contact Gulson Canberra if you would like to access or correct the personal information that we hold about you. Gulson Canberra will generally provide you with access to your personal information (although a fee may be imposed). Gulson Canberra will take reasonable steps to amend any personal information about you which is inaccurate or out of date.
In some circumstances, Gulson Canberra may not permit access to your personal information, or may refuse to correct your personal information (in which case we will provide you with reasons for this decision).
8. Contact and further information
Please contact us if you have any queries about the personal information that Gulson Canberra holds about you or the way we handle that personal information. Our contact details for privacy queries are set out below:
Contact: Mr Graham Gulson Dealer Principal
Telephone: 02 6280 6755
Postal address: PO Box 747 Fyshwick ACT 2609
Further information about the Privacy Act and NPPs can be found at the website of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au.
At Gulson, we respect the privacy of every individual who visits our website. We collect your personal information when you make an enquiry through this website. We use your information to provide the product or service you have requested, and improve how we serve you. Unless you ask us not to, we also use your information to market to you the products and services available through us.
We may disclose your personal information to our related companies, and any other companies with which we have directly or indirectly arranged services for your benefit.